eClosure is committed to providing client families with the highest level of customer service. This includes protecting our clients’ privacy. We are bound by legislation and regulations that protect your privacy, including the Privacy Act 1988.
- the types of information we may collect from you;
- how we collect that information;
- the purposes for which information is used; and
- details on how you can access your personal details.
Your personal information
In the ordinary course of its business eClosure collects personal information about you and your deceased relative or friend.
This information includes, but is not limited to, names, dates of birth, residential or mailing addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, credit card or bank account details, email addresses and personal messages.
You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us, but if you choose to withhold the requested information, we are unlikely to be able to provide our services (eClosure and eWishes) to you.
How we collect personal information
So that eClosure can provide services and information to you, we may need to collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- details that you upload as part of either the eClosure or eWishes applications;
- any documentation that you attach to any of those applications; and
- any information that we obtain from you after receiving any of those applications.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to carry out the services you require and to provide requested information to companies, the services of which are the subject of those services (e.g. Facebook and Twitter);
- in the case of eWishes, your personal information might be disclosed to your executor or another person otherwise duly authorised by you to receive that information;
- to provide internal statistical analysis; and
- billing and debt recovery functions.
We will not send any information to you using your personal information outside what is required in the day-to-day operation of eClosure.
Access to your personal information
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold upon request.
If you require access to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.